
Meet your friendly PC volunteers.

For the next three days, we wanted all camp participants to implement what they learned in a real-life situation. So what we did to try and target all topics taught was to take them somewhere where they can do a clean-up project… and what’s a better place to do a clean-up project in the middle of the summer than at a beach? Three beaches!


The idea for nutrition was to have them cook a nutritious lunch for everyone while enjoying the rest of the time out at the beach. Unfortunately, the meal didn’t stray much from a typical Kyrgyz cuisine. Oh well, can’t have everything!

At the end of it all, we all had a lot of fun. The camp, in my opinion, was a success and it showed that learning can be done in a fun way. After all, no one wants to give up their summer to do a lame camp. I know I don’t.


The idea for nutrition was to have them cook a nutritious lunch for everyone while enjoying the rest of the time out at the beach. Unfortunately, the meal didn’t stray much from a typical Kyrgyz cuisine. Oh well, can’t have everything!
At the end of it all, we all had a lot of fun. The camp, in my opinion, was a success and it showed that learning can be done in a fun way. After all, no one wants to give up their summer to do a lame camp. I know I don’t.











No comments:
Post a Comment